Built in 1886 as the Raycraft Dance Hall, this structure was purchased from Annie Raycraft in 1941 by the Town of Genoa. The Genoa Candy Dance was held in the Town Hall starting in1919 and has since outgrown the Town Hall's 260 person capacity. Many other community events and meetings are still held in the hall.
The Genoa Town Hall, above, was originally the Raycraft Dance Hall.
Repairs and renovations have been made over the years with the help of community-donated labor. The porch was added in 1977 and the bar, originally from the old Globe Saloon in Carson City, was installed in 1984. A commercial style kitchen is located adjacent to the Town Hall and is available for rent.
The Genoa Town Hall is an ideal old-fashioned western setting for large weddings or receptions and includes tables and chairs. The stage will accommodate a DJ or a band. The Town Hall has a maximum capacity of 260 standing, or will seat 120 people for dinner or a wedding reception.
Genoa Community Church, Town Hall and Commercial Kitchen Package